All Posts by Jay385

I Havent set anything in granite and the points you make are definiyely aggreable. I think the tub idea is more just for kicks , I also agree about the auto tranny. I would like to get my hands on a tremec TKO, but thats almost as much money as my darn engine build will be. Anyhow I definitely do not want to run slicks on the street,I am thinking more like drag radials, which I understand are still spendy. I will probably not shoot for the full monty straight out of the gate, I may just build a mean mill and with all the induction power adders as well as Nitrous I can go higher later if need arises. Thanks again, it's easy to get carried away when you have a 460 on an engine stand in your garage. I tend to forget about the complete picture. I do plan of photographing the build from begining to end.
take it easy.
Alright, here we go. First off thanks for replying. Heres some more details. The car will be a wekend racer, street and strip deal. I am not overly concerned with daily drivability. I want to remove back seats tub it out yet keep the front seats and what not in stock config. The EMC( engine masters challenge)Just has conmpetitions on Dyno engines usually competing between the big three Chevy, ford and the unholy mopar. cheeky They build there engines for best Average dyno horse and torque numbers, not max. The bottom end will remain as close to stock as possible using modified stock rods and crank where as the pistons will be forged, since the hypereutectics dont usually rate up to 600 hp. I plan on using the edelbrock RPM performer heads with the victor series intake. The cam they used is custom ground yet they have an order number I can call the company and have them make me one under the same specs.

I am worried about temp. problems at idle such as at traffic lights. I also have concerns about longevity of the engine with a severe cam and head /intake set up. I will pull the numbers off that cam profile for you later if it will help. I appreciate all input so, thanks again.
Hello all,
I'm working on a new project which will hopefully result in a 460 powered 71 mach devil . I have the block and beginnings for the power plant and I'm working on a plan for build which will benefit me the best. I have read many forums but never participated in one. I am currently following the concepts of a 612 Hp 460 built in the Engine masters challenge which called for no lower end boring or stroking but used a very aggressive cam and performer RPM heads with a victor series intake for the 460. These seemed the safest power at the time. but the more I research I am finding that even for a weekend warrior the cam situation in their monster creation will create difficulties for me. Any ideas on how to make good power and not have to sell my children in the process will be much appreciated. Thanks Jay.
Forum Statistics
Forums: 16, Threads: 235, Posts: 436, Members: 332,
Welcome to our newest member, Scouter291
No new posts
Forum/Thread is closed