Over 40 years ago, Ford introduced the Mustang, created the muscle car niche and acquired over eight million happy customers along the way. This fall, Ford introduces a brand new Mustang, and has called upon their Number One aftermarket performance company to prepare a display car for the SEMA show worthy of that legacy. Happily, with 20 years of race winning experience added to Ford's impressive, new platform, the Screamin' Yellow Q (SYQ) from Steeda Autosports does not disappoint!
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif., August 12, 2004
Ford took the occasion of the world's foremost showcase of automotive splendor, the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, to unveil the Ford Shelby GR-1 concept, calling the new sports car a salute to "performance art."
The Ford Shelby GR-1 is a uniquely emotional American sports car design that makes a bold statement about Ford's performance future.
"The Ford Shelby Cobra concept was a small step in our plans for the Ford GT supercar architecture and our relationship with Carroll Shelby," says J Mays, Ford Motor Company group vice president of Global Design. "And the Ford Shelby GR-1 is a giant leap toward the future."
• All-new 2005 Mustang GT will pace the field in Ford 400 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup event in November.
• 2005 Ford Freestyle and Five Hundred named "official" vehicles of the Championship Weekend.
• Ford will incorporate various community activities into the Championship Weekend targeting local youths, teens and families.
Can Ford's middleweight Mustang take out Pontiac's fire-breathing heavyweight? Strap in as we find out.
Choose your weapon: Ford's Mach 1 or Pontiac's GTO. Both are bonafide muscle machines with a strong pedigree. Each has a lively past filled with big-block engines, striking stripes, functional scoops and a street fighter's caliber. Ford fans waited 25 years for the mighty Mach to return and in 2003 it did with a vengeance. In only one year the modern Mach 1 proved its worth, scoring impressive numbers in MM&FF testing. In fact, it proved itself to be the quickest stock Mach ever.
Here are some links to a few 2005 Ford Mustang videos I thought our viewers might like.
- The Trilogy Race - Watch three legendary performance vehicles--the Ford GT (coming Summer 2004,) the 2005 Mustang GT (coming Fall 2004,) and the Ford Cobra Concept, as they tear through a gritty urban landscape in a high-speed race.
- 2004 Auto Show - Get your own personal preview of Ford's latest products, including the new 2005 Mustang. Take a guided tour of any of the vehicles listed, and view a video tour of the latest innovations on Ford's horizon, available in 2004.
Recent Forum Posts
Participate In The Forums
Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!
Upload Your Photos
Become a Shnack.com Member and upload your photos for free.