Just for fun?

I'm an assistant service manager for a nationwide chain, and have worked as a manager and mechanic in the automotive field for years now. Pretty regularly you get a chance to snag up someone's car cheap because they don't have the money/time/desire to fix them. Today a mint '01 3.8L w/ an exhaust, rims, and that huge poney thing on the sides, and best of all 55k miles.

Now I'm a die hard 5.0L guy and normally laugh at people trying to hot rod a V6, but it occured to me that it may be two slugs short of a full house, but people sure do make parts for them, they're cheap, and there is the all important sleeper factor.

So I was wondering, anyone ever get the urge to try and make a helluva sleeper V6? You'd be under the radar, unexpected, and underrated. Think about that next time some kid in his Civic revs his engine at you (He's got a muffler...look out). Wouldn't it be nice to have a Mustang and not have everyone with a car try to race you? Better yet, throw a few bucks at it and you could really have a decent street ride.

Keep in mind this is just an idle thought, if I'm gonna spend the money it will be on a V8, but it is food for thought, no? What do you guys think?
Endless

You must be logged in to post a reply.

Forum Statistics
Forums: 16, Threads: 235, Posts: 436, Members: 333,
Welcome to our newest member, Securityopl
No new posts
Forum/Thread is closed